Are you who we are looking for?
Are you an energetic and positive minded team-player with a natural feeling for structure? Are you good with numbers and do you even have interest in organizing and taking part in networking events? Then you should certainly read more about the vacant Treasurer position we have in our executive board
Since approximately 10 years the Dutch Chamber is active in Sweden. We are organized in regions (Stockholm, Göteborg & Malmö) with a central Executive Board located in Stockholm. The members of the board and the regional teams work together towards a joint vision; ‘to enrich the professional lives of our members’. We do this for example by organizing events & activities. When possible in collaboration with our members as we believe in the success of ‘for members & by members’.
Treasurer – the job description
As a member of the Executive Board you are co-responsible to reach our long term vision and mission as well our yearly objectives. You will for example contribute to the strategic plan, and more specifically, you as the treasurer will be responsible for the finance related tasks and processes:
- Make the yearly budget. Together with the chairman translate objectives for the upcoming year into a financial budget.
- Create quarterly financial reports. Compare financial actuals to budget, report on events and present in Executive Board Meeting.
- Do the monthly bookkeeping. Bookkeeping in ‘Fortnox cloud software’. Approximately 100 invoices/payments per year.
- Prepare monthly payments. Keep track of accounts payable and prepare payments in ‘Handelsbanken internet banking’.
- Send member and event invoices. Prepare and send member invoices and event invoices and keep track of accounts receivable.
- Prepare and submit yearly tax return. File yearly tax return to Skatteverket.
- Create annual accounts. Make end of year P&L accounts and balance sheet.
What we offer to you
We are an engaged team of professionals with very different personalities and backgrounds. This results in a creative and fun yet competent and experienced environment with positive energy and ample opportunity to thrive and prosper both on a professional and a personal level. As we are a networking organization, you will not only grow our cross-border network, but also expand your own.
More about you
Your personality should fit in our team as we like to continue to build our team with energy. Besides your energy we also expect you to have some time available for our voluntary organization. Furthermore, we like you to:
- Be fluent in English, where Swedish and/or Dutch are a merit
- Be experienced in financial accounting and financial reporting
- Have an eye for both detail and the bigger picture
Please show your interest with a CV and a short introduction about how you fit into this position via a mail to our Chairman Maarten Merckx (Merckx@Dutchchamber.se). Also if you have any questions we ask you to reach out via mail, so we can contact you.